When you use our website we may collect the following type of information about you
- Contact details along with email address
- Varied demographic information such as your address, postcode, location, interests, preferences
- Answers that you may give pertaining to surveys and special offers
How we use this information
We use this information in order to fully understand your requirements and so that we can provide you with a fully detailed service via our website. Your information may be used for:
- Updating our internal records
- Improving our services and products
- Keeping in touch with you via email with such things as details of promotions, special offers or other useful information
- To contact you to assist with any market research or customer surveys
- To customise our website so that it is finely in tune with customers interests and demands
- We will never give your information to a third party or sell it
Security of your personal information
When you provide us with personal information/details, we keep it secure at all times. To protect your details from access or disclosure by unauthorised personnel, we keep it in a safe place, fully safeguarded by suitable electronic/physical/administrative systems.
Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small files which can be placed on the hard drive of your computer with your permission. Cookies help us to analyse web traffic and may store your details when you visit certain sites. They also allow us to ensure that our website responds to you as an individual, so that when you arrive on our site, the web application will make sure that it fine tunes its operation to suit you and your likes, dislikes and preferences. In order to do this efficiently, the cookie will gather and remember information about you.
We also make use of traffic log cookies which are able to tell which pages you view most often. This assists us with analysing our data and web page traffic so that we can improve our website to best suit customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis, after which it is removed.
In general, cookies do enable us to provide you with a much improved website by allowing us to monitor the pages you prefer. It does not allow us to access your computer or any of your information, unless you deliberately share your data with us.
It is your choice as to whether or not you allow cookies. Usually web browsers accept them but you can change your browser setting to refuse to accept cookies. However, do bear in mind that this may limit your use of our website.
Links to other websites
At times, our website may show links so that you can easily visit other websites. However, do note that once you click on these links and leave our site, we have no control at all over other sites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your personal information if you provide this whilst visiting these other sites. We recommend that you check the Privacy Statements of those sites before divulging any personal details.
The control of your personal information
If you wish, you can control the use of your personal details as follows:
- When filling in forms on our website, tick the box that states that you do not want the details to be used for direct marketing
- If you have previously agreed that we can do this, but then change your mind, simple contact us and ask us to amend your instruction
We will never share or sell your personal details to any 3rd party unless you give permission or we are obliged to do so by law. We may use your information to send you promotional details about 3rd parties that you may be interested in if you allow us to.
At any time, you can ask us to provide details of the personal information that we hold about you, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, for a small fee. Please contact us if this is the case.
You should also contact us if you think that the information we are holding about you contains errors or is not complete. We will then take action to correct any details that we hold about you.